September 12, 2018
I don't even know what to title this; isn't that something? Since this is a safe space, and I do have friends here who read and may be concerned. Brian and I are evacuating to Savannah in a few hours. We'll be there through Saturday and possibly Sunday depending on what happens.
I have to admit, the possibility of staying here, even 16 miles inland, scares the ever-living shit out of me. I don't want to buy into all the hype (see previous posting), however, I don't want to take this lightly, and never before since I have lived here has the governor issued evac orders. Every update it seems makes things seem grimmer. But, I don't want to have Henny Penny Syndrome. It's exhausting trying to keep up, and thank Gawd the Uni closed when it did. I can't imagine trying to calm students when I'm vacillating myself.
Brian's parents are leaving too, although we're not going together. All sorts of shelters and offers from businesses have been popping up which gives me hope in the human spirit.
I've never had a pet in a hotel room either, as the sun rises, adventure awaits!